Bipolar Perception And Its Impact On Relationships

Perceiving the world through the eyes of a Bipolar person is a difficult thing to do for those with typical minds. This is especially problematic for the people who love or are friends with a Bipolar person. The question I hear most often from these folks is, “How can my loved one do such horrible things to me when they claim to love or care about me?”

Let’s explore that conundrum. Bear in mind I’m using the following example in an extreme to hopefully drive the point home. Many of us Bipolars usually float around in middle ranges unless we’re severely unwell.

Sarah and Jack are a married couple. Sarah is Bipolar. The two share a healthy, loving, attentive relationship while she is well. She loves Jack with all of her heart. A Bipolar unwell period warps the perception of Sarah. Her mind starts feeding her misinformation about the world and her life around her.

Her mind starts picking apart everything Jack does. Did he spend too long smiling at a waitress? He wants to sleep with her. Did he answer a wrong number late at night? It was the woman from work that he’s sleeping with. Late coming home from work? I knew he was sleeping with her!

The longer Sarah is unwell, the more her mind will play with these thoughts and feelings; spinning them out of proportion. Then her mind may start dredging up all of the other things from her life with Jack that didn’t go as planned. Didn’t get to finish college? Jack’s fault. Miscarriage? Jack’s fault. Work a job that she hates? Jack’s fault.

Most likely this will culminate and explode. Sarah will get into a huge fight with Jack or find some other way to lash out at him for all these wrongs that her unwell mind convinced her that he is responsible for. Now comes the verbal barbs and possibly worse. “I hate you. You’re horrible. You’re worthless. I wish I had never met you.” and liberally lace it with profanity.

This is the point that many people get wrong. They ask, “If my loved one knew they hurt me, why wouldn’t they apologize?” Because they haven’t rebalanced yet or they don’t know what to say.

When was the last time you apologized to someone you hated? At this point in time, Sarah hates Jack because her brain has fed her lies and twisted her perception about the way their life has been. She doesn’t love him right now and may take it out on him in a number of ways- a revenge affair for his “infidelity”, physical and verbal abuse, or whatever her mind may cook up.

An unwell mind will normalize eventually. She will return to her baseline and be just as in love with Jack as she always was, except now- she has this laundry list of whatever horrible things she’s said and done to him while she was severely unwell. And at this point, most of us Bipolars will be watching the ashes of yet another important thing in our lives slip through our fingers. A number of us will go silent on the matter if we don’t understand our illness very well because what can you really say? What could possibly make up for those horrible actions? “I’m sorry” is often a pale shadow compared to the wound.

That does not mean that this is how things have to go- it’s just the way they normally go because people don’t educate themselves enough on the Disorder and how to manage it.

If you are Bipolar- you need to learn to identify the indicators that you’re getting unwell. Bipolar Disorder is a mental illness; as an illness there are symptoms that signify when you are getting sick. When you are getting sick, you can then begin to pay more attention to your own thought processes to rationalize your way through them. Almost all of the above examples could have been derailed if Sarah had realized she was getting unbalanced and stopped to really examine what she was thinking. Yes, it’s hard. Yes, you won’t always get it right. But you can prevent a whole lot of damage by being critical of your own thoughts if you identify that you may be getting unwell.

If you can, look into Cognitive Therapy. A therapist can help you learn and refine these skills. You will have to work hard to learn how to manage and defuse these thoughts but it is a skill-set that you’ll use the rest of your life. You either own Bipolar Disorder or it owns you- there is no in-between.

If you are a friend/loved one- you need to know you and your limits very well. The Bipolar person in your life will probably push them and walk all over them. Being called obscenities by someone that is normally loving can be a shock; but ultimately they are just a couple of words. Keep an eye out for drastic changes in behavior. A big change in sleep patterns is a very common indicator. Any major change in moods or personal habits could be indicative of an unwell swing.

And that leads me to communication and trust. The Bipolar person needs to be able to accept that they are Bipolar, they will have drastic mood swings, and they need to be able to communicate with their loved one if they are getting sick. The well person in the relationship needs to feel comfortable with bringing up that they think the other may be getting unwell. You can learn to read and identify your partner’s symptoms. Communication can prevent a lot of needless hurt stemming from unwell thought processes because the well partner can introduce facts and reality that the unwell partner desperately needs.

Loving someone with a mood disorder isn’t always pleasant. Never take on more than you are able to. Each person has their own lines and limits that they know can’t be crossed. It’s not unreasonable to expect the Bipolar in your life to work to minimize the damage the Disorder does. Just be aware that they will probably fail horribly at it from time to time. We all do. But- the Disorder can be managed and you can have a fairly normal relationship/friendship with the person. Every relationship has challenges, ours are just a bit different than typical.

button-facebook-join-me

Subscribe to have blog posts and news delivered straight to your Inbox!

This entry was posted in Depression, Hypomania. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Bipolar Perception And Its Impact On Relationships

1. Marianne says:

Hi Grimm, I’ve been reading both your websites with a lot of interest. I appreciate the information from the point of view of an articulate Bipolar person who is active in the management of his disease. So hearfelt thanks for the time and effort you’ve been putting in here.
    I met an amazing man almost a year ago and fell in love a few months later. He had a diagnosis of Bipolar which he told me about, but also heard from another doctor that he didn’t think he had it. So even though he knows he’s an unstable person and does take meds (though I don’t know how well managed they are) he is not sure whether he is BP. He seems to think that once he finishes a big job he has to do now (a lot of anxiety involved) he will be able to come off the meds. From what I’ve been reading about mental illness, BPD seems to be a better fitting diagnosis. But symptoms and conditions do seem to overlap for a lot of people, and I can only think that beyond whatever label, there is this person who has his own personality and needs. Do you have any experience with Borderline Personality Disorder?
    Our relationship has had its own share of ups and downs. From time to time he will retreat and keep our interactions to a minimum, like right now. Communication is hard. He told me about the diagnosis, the suicide attempts, the depression, all unprompted. But if I ask further he gets defensive and doesn’t elaborate. There seems to be shame and denial, which seem to fit how he generally feels about himself. Since I’ve met him I’ve witnessed the despair, the anger, and the exhaustion he feels from his emotional roller coaster. I am trying to educate myself on mental illness, it’s been quite a journey. This man hasn’t had many stable relationships over his life but he says he trusts me and loves me, even though right now he’s mostly keeping to himself. It’s a cliffhanger everyday when I don’t know whether I will hear from him and then debating if I should give him the space he claims to need or keep on reassuring him of my love. I wish there could be better communication, but in the meantime I am trying to be as calm and patient as possible while trying to fine tune my hopes and reactions to his ever changing moods and needs. I don’t want to give up on him. Thanks again for helping me understand, Grimm. Take care and keep up the great work.

• Grimm says:

Hello, Marianne. You can call me Dennis. I’m glad you’ve found my writing and perspective helpful. It’s great to hear that people are learning from it.

I am not Borderline or have had issues like it. BPD and Bipolar Disorder both have a drastic affect on moods and thinking but they are very different in the currents that drive the thought processes. As I understand it, BPD tends to amplify feelings far past what would be appropriate- causing deep lows and ecstatic highs. Bipolar Disorder, does something similar but the difference is that it causes the person’s perceptions to warp when they are at their unwell extremes.

I think (and I’m just approximating here since I don’t live with BPD); that the difference may look something like this. A BPD person becoming infatuated may act like intense love at first sight, lavishing gifts, writing poems, expensive dates, whatever it took to win that affection. An unwell Bipolar person may experience the same thing but then have thoughts like “I should follow her to make sure she’ll be okay.”, “I’ll call her every half hour to check up on her”, “Why the fuck were you talking to that guy? Are you fucking cheating on me?” None of which are valid thoughts for just an infatuation for someone you just met. They are borderline delusional and what help define a Bipolar unwell period.

From what you described and what I read- it does sound more like BPD and he should probably get another opinion. it is extremely difficult to get accurate diagnosis on mental health conditions because a lot of the time the patient doesn’t understand that certain qualities they may view as favorable are actually negative symptoms. That happens with Bipolar people a lot because when we experience anything other than depression- it is a damned glorious day and that can’t possibly be bad. Except it is if it’s a manic period.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask him not to cut you off. His mental illness affects both of you. If he wants a relationship; one that’s actually going to last, the two of you will have to be partners. But it may also be hard to get him to realize that since he’s probably been dealing with the crap in his mind a majority of his life on his own.

Only take on what you can handle. And I think I would leave him a message requesting more contact- or at least asking him to talk to you about it and think on it. If you want to continue the conversation, you can feel free to email me directly if you’d prefer. dennis@bipolarmanifesto.com

2. Sarina says:

I am a 31 year old mother of two. My intire life, I felt as though something was not right in my head. Reading this entry just sent it home for me. My husband and I have been married 6 yrs this year. I had my first mental break at 28 just after my second child was born. I have been diagnosed with post partum but the more research I do the more I think I must be BP. For starters, I was a sleep walker as a child. I hit puberty at 12. I new my head had changed but could not articulate it. Then, at age 13 I developed an Adies tonic pupil. Then finally at age 16 I began suffering from anxiety induced chest pains. Every dr I ever saw said that I was 100% healthy. Then came the “shes only doing it for attention” criticism. Reacently I have been puting my husbad through the EXACT scenario Sarah did. I now understand and except my conditions and have my first therapy session this Fri. So, thank you for finally giving me a way to relate to the world and for once not be judged.

• Grimm says:

Glad to hear you’re that finally getting on the right track. Definitely explore as much as you can with a therapist; you may want to draw up a list of exceptionally strange things you’ve done in your life. The most telling ones are the ones you look back on and have no idea why you did what you did- the actions were entirely out of character for who you are. That usually indicates a mentally unwell period.

Lots of us have had bad experiences with medical professionals, but remember- it is just another job. Like any job, there will be people good at what they do and there will be those that don’t give a crap. Don’t let your experiences and wellness be derailed by members of the latter group. Whatever may be going on with you; there is usually a way to manage it and minimize the damage it can do.

Good luck. Feel free to write or come back and visit any time.
      -Dennis

3. Troy says:

This hit close to home for me. My girlfriend of 8 years (who I now suspect is likely Bipolar rather than just Unipolar, and I have been researching it PROFUSELY these last 6 months) seems to have gone off the rails in much the same way as the character in this story. One week things were normal, the rest it was like dealing with a complete stranger, and I haven’t heard from her now in 4 months. A combination of excessive school stress, two weeks of overnight shifts, stupid arguments we’d been having, and the stimulus of new friends and a new “crush” all hit her at once in November last year. From all that I read, any ONE of these things would have been enough to trigger an episode, but she had a perfect storm of sorts.

The only difference between your characters above and my situation, is that she latched onto a big mistake I made a couple years ago in our relationship. Rather than a perceived slight or imagined hurt, she had an actual event to point to. After two years together since the mistake – two years of her telling me she could never give up on me, that we’d work through it, that we are worth it, that she could never imagine life without me – she just gave up on everything over the course of a few short weeks. Then moved on immediately to this “new guy.” It’s been a heartbreaking 6 months. From all appearances, the new guy didn’t last very long either, or is very on-and-off. I think she is still under an extreme amount of school stress, so is either still (hypo)manic or already sunk into a depression. It’s all guesswork on my end though. I am waiting for her in the meantime, learning as much as possible about the illness, and in therapy myself.

Anyway, thank you for writing this. You very accurately depict the overnight switch that can occur, and it makes me feel less foolish.

• Dennis says:

For what it’s worth, try not to take it personally. It typically has a lot more to do with the dysfunction in her mind than anything you may or may not have done. Misdiagnosis of Bipolar Disorder as unipolar depression is incredibly common. I theorize it is because when you spend so much time in depression; anything that isn’t depression feels “good” even when it’s clearly not good.

If you feel like this story resonated well with your situation, try showing it to her if you’re on speaking terms. She may be able to see the same thing you are and realize something is incredibly amiss.

And you’re welcome.

• William P. says:

Hello,
      Unfortunately my situation is almost a mirror to Troys. My Fiancé and I had been together for 5 years. She battled depression throughout our relationship but was never properly diagnosed. We live in separate cities but had planned to bring it all together this spring. Unfortunately this November she began acting distant and eventually gave me the bad news in a coffe shop in early December. The person I saw that day was not physically or mentally the person I knew and loved. As in Troys case she had found a new love interest many years her junior (20) at her work place. This person has provided that quick emotional blast she required to get out of her low emotional state. The part that bothers me is the lack of emotion and no real sign of regret throughout the process. She also reached back to a previous event, although minor in nature and mostly perceived, to give her some justification. Although apart, our relationship was very passionate and appeared solid. I have done much reading on the subject and can piece together the time line of events and emotional states that led up to the eventual outcome. Unfortunately she was unable to communicate the extremely low emotions she was feeling and I was overwhelmed with my own issues 300 miles away. She has since been directed to the correct help for her situation by her MD, but it is slow in coming. As well her medications are finally being monitored and adjusted on a more frequent basis. The more I educate myself on mental health issues, the indicators become more apparent . We should have recognized the depth of the matter and together retained the proper help while I was still a part of her life. She has contacted me a few times, indicating I am in her thoughts or slowly retering them as she comes back.
      My question is what should I do? I still care for her very much and want to be there for her but am I hanging on to something that will never return? Should I be giving her space or trying to show her I care by making subtle contact thus keeping me in her thoughts? What should my role be?
      Thank you very much.
      Any help is appreciated.

• Dennis says:

Hello, William. A note, I changed your display name to remove your last name. When discussing mental health issues on the internet, I would highly advise that you do not use your full name so your posts will not be indexed by search engines. You don’t want these posts being associated with your name in case someone decides to Google you.

I understand how you feel about your wife wandering and her dispassionate response to the situation and break up. As a Bipolar person with severe Depression myself, let me offer another perspective. Don’t look at it as a lack of love or care. Look at it as how powerful mental illness can really be. Because from your description, where your wife was barely recognizable from her emotional state, even appearance, and utterly flat demeanor; that sounds very reminiscent of suicidal-level depression. Were I in your shoes, knowing what I know about depression and what I’ve experienced with it, I would thankful she opted for an affair instead of suicide. Note I did not say happy. There’s nothing happy about this painful situation. It’s just a silver lining in what sounds like an awful state for her.

Here’s a major point that a lot of people don’t understand about Depression and Bipolar unwellness. The mental illness alters the way you are perceiving the world and feeds you lies about what is real and what is not. And it’s hard to tell because your mental illness is impairing your ability to critically think and reason. As an example. Consider looking through a clean window. Everything will look pristine, beautiful, and easy to understand. Consider this a metaphor for how a person with a mood disorder “normally” feels. But what happens when someone starts layering sheets of wax paper over the window? The view gets much harder to see. You know what’s behind the window, but you can’t actually find it or see it. It’s obscured by the addition of the wax paper (unwellness). You base your thoughts and decisions on what you had seen through the window while it is clear, but you can’t actually be sure of what is real and what isn’t.

So in an unwell mind; that minor little nuisance you cited could easily look like a relationship destroying action. The choice to have an affair could easily be fueled by loneliness and the emptiness of depression cutting her off from her real emotions. The person is cut off from their real emotions by their mental illness.

But here’s the thing. Those emotions are still there, hidden away behind that wax paper. The correct medication helps to cut away that wax paper, peeling back the layers and letting the person see (and feel) what is really on the other side of the window.

Finding the right medication that works well without debilitating side effects can be a difficult process. But as your wife gets correctly medicated, her perspective will clear and the emotions she had BEFORE someone put that wax paper up, before the depression and unwellness obscured her ability to perceive and warped her feelings, those will come back. Or, when the cycle actually ends. But given the way you’re describing your wife with her chronic problems, it sounds like she doesn’t get much reprieve between unwell cycles. That should also change with the correct medication.

I can’t tell you what to do, because I’m not you. But I can tell you what I would do were I in your situation, knowing what I know about mental health with my experiences.

I would find a way to forgive her for these actions, if this isn’t an all the time thing. As a Bipolar person who’s done similarly shitty things in moments of severe unwellness, I know this kind of thing wouldn’t really bother me in a relationship. But for a person like yourself, it may be more valuable to talk through your own emotions with a therapist to really sort things out, if you need it.

I would not get my hopes up about day to day progress. Mental wellness is a marathon, not a sprint. It’ll be great if she makes some gains in the coming days. But what is really important is how she does long-term. Patience is required on your part for that. Return her texts, have conversations with her, do your best to be her friend and try to keep emotions out of it for the time being, even though it is an intensely emotional situation. Bipolar Disorder and Depression are mood disorders. Introducing additional emotional baggage to the situation could destabilize her drastically.

Assuming that your relationship was as you perceived (because I can’t know that since I only have your perspective to operate from), the medication and recovering from the unwell cycle should allow her real feelings to come back through. Which means she should return to how she felt for you before this cycle. That is going to be a difficult time, because if your wife is a decent person she is probably going to feel fucking awful about her actions and how she treated you while she was unwell. And that has the potential to crash her into a depression again if she’s not careful.

The best way you can help her through that is to acknowledge, that yes, the situation was very painful and difficult for you; but that the two of you should discuss and handle it when she is feeling more balanced. That gives her an opportunity to get things under control and not think about it at the moment. That does not mean it just gets swept under the rug and forgotten. You definitely need to address it a little ways down the road when she is in a less fragile place.

Assuming medicating goes well, she should return to who she actually is within a few months. If you want to have a hard time limit on the situation, I would suggest giving her about six months or so. It will be shorter than that if things go smoothly; but finding the right psych meds can sometimes be very difficult. For example, it’s been seven fucking years and I still don’t have an antidepressant that works worth a shit for me.

So you have to decide what you are willing to deal with, how far you’re willing to go. Continue to educate yourself on her diagnosis. Work through your own emotions in regards to this situation (again, therapist would be a great idea.)

Personally, I feel like this action was an outlier fueled by severe unwellness, based on your description. If this isn’t a typical thing for her, I feel like the relationship can recover. But it’s going to be important to repair the damage this unwell cycle did and for her to be passionate about wanting to be well, understand her mental illness, and fight to keep this from happening again. Bipolar Disorder is for life. Our plans for wellness, balance, and a healthy life have to carry us through that life.

4. Antonio says:

My wife is bipolar, diagnosed. We have been married for 15 years (no kids yet) and experienced numerous episodes. The past five years the manic episodes have gotten stronger, with extreme irritability, anger, hatred.

I am able to cope quite well except for the fact that after the mania has lifted, my wife continues believing/feeling many of the things that she “perceived” during the episode. She’s unable to process the concept that much of what she perceived actually did not happen that way… the cashier *was* rude to her so she was right to shout at her; I did treat her badly so she was right to berate me. Etcetera. She therefore has never ever sought a way to make amends for her behaviour and actions.

You write: [What could possibly make up for those horrible actions? “I’m sorry” is often a pale shadow compared to the wound.]… but at least in my case a simple “I’m sorry” would go a huge way towards actually giving me the strength to continue in this marriage. It would mean she acknowledges my pain and suffering as well.

I just don’t know what I can do to help my wife understand that the “reality” she lived was built upon perceptions distorted by the bipolar disorder.

I even had my wife read this post two years ago in the hope that she would “get it”. She didn’t.

I am on the verge of jumping ship. I simply can’t take the abuse anymore. 🙁

• Dennis says:

Hello, Antonio.

In my mind, there could be two possibilities. Either she doesn’t understand how drastically her mental illness affects her perception, which is totally possible. Or she just doesn’t care and is doing what she wants to do regardless. How is your wife in other areas of life? Is she generally a decent person who is in denial or confused? Or is she generally a toxic person?

It sounds like she may also greatly benefit from therapy, if she would be willing to go and speak to a therapist. Counselors can be a big help in separating out those thoughts and helping a person learn what is appropriate and not appropriate.

I would also like to point out that my last ebook, “Everyday Instability and Bipolar Disorder,” was written for the express purpose of helping people like your wife understand the difference between thoughts stained and tainted by the Disorder and real ones. It may help, it may not.

5. Becky says:

Hello,
    I have literally spent the entire day reading your site and comments. I either missed it somewhere, or due to the fact that you have been diagnosed and handle your medical needs as warranted, it hasn’t been brought up. I am referring to an not diagnosed BP individual. My best friend of 20 years has BP in her family; her mother and her brother are diagnosed and medicated. If anyone so much as mentions it can be genetic, she flips out on them for insinuating that she is just like them. She has always been “outspoken” however, about 5 and half years ago was in a horrendous head on accident. After being in the hospital for 3 weeks and her lungs finally healing from being punctured she came home. And its been such a roller coaster for all of us who know and love her. She tends to cycle through being extremely mad at everyone for anything she perceives as a disrespect to her. Small recent example. Her children were not listening to her, she got so mad at me because her children were told they were not going to be included in the next outing if they misbehaved, and now she had to follow through with this. Somehow, it was my fault. I literally had no response, still don’t. I bought my child shoes, she said, ” must be fuckin’ nice to do that shit knowing I can’t” She stays awake for literally 3-4 days straight, takes a 1.5-3 hour nap and is up for days again. She says she isn’t Bipolar, her doctor did a blood test and told her she isn’t. Her mother and her both see the same doctor, he apparently has told her, however the only medication she was willing to take was Prozac, and has since taken herself off that. When she stopped the prozac, she was definitely down from the maniac, spending, not sleeping person I knew. However, now she has had a seizure, she was told it was brought on by stress. I tried to explain what a psychosomatic seizure is and she told me that is not what the doctor said. He told her that we all need to stop stressing her out and being disrespectful. Obviously, I knew there were few if any moments of disrespect, however that is her perception, just like feelings are never wrong I believe the same kind of holds true for perception. My concern is she is now awake going on 4 days straight…no nap. Telling me that my children keep disrespecting me, however, I am 100% they are not. I cannot and will not get into an argument with her over this because this isn’t a perception on her part….it is truly a reality she(her brain) has created. I don’t know if I have questions or just needed to let someone know I am so worried for her and her family. Her husband has learned to pretty much, “yes dear, I’m sorry dear” to keep her at bay and she will find a new target…..I know this is all common stories heard I have family members with BP and my paternal grandmother had schizophrenia, which in turn my father had an array of mental health concerns. I just don’y know if there is a way to help her or if I just have to stand by and watch her crash and burn….I just feel so useless and not helpful at all.

• Dennis says:

More than likely, you’re just going to have to watch her crash and burn. People that are that far wound up in their own unwellness usually require a drastic shock, a drastic impact to make them see what reality is. For me, that was contemplating killing a bunch of people and realizing how good of an idea my brain was telling me it was. It was the final time I hit rock bottom and sought help.

Now, if your friend is Bipolar: a Bipolar person, in most cases, will escalate into an extreme mania if they are on an antidepressant without a mood stabilizer. It is very, very common and is a major source of instability for a number of undiagnosed, misdiagnosed, and Bipolar people who just screw with their meds.

There’s no point in arguing with someone who is that unstable. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, you won’t win because their brain just steamrolls the argument and twists it around in their mind.

Also – there are no blood tests that can prove or disprove the existence of Bipolar Disorder in a person. She either lied or was delusional.

There’s no good answer for her situation. It’s probably going to take a severe mental break and the fallout from that before she can see the problem, if she ever does. Many people don’t.

• Becky says:

Thank you so much for your response. Everything you said, I have already said to myself. I appreciate your insight. As of now she seems to be in a depressive swing again. She was up almost two weeks straight with approximately 4 hours a week of sleep. Now she sleeps most of the day away and her husband has been staying home from work to make sure the kids are taken care of. I know I cannot convince her to get help. I will have to sit back and watch it progressively get worse. I keep my distance when she gets too hard to deal with and I’ll be here for her as much as I possibly can.

Again, thank you for everything, this site is such an amazing site for honest information. I wish you well with all your business endeavors, and continued support of those who, more often than not, get left by the wayside.

• Dennis says:

Thank you for the kind words about my work and website. I very much appreciate it and I’m glad you found it honest and useful.

That certainly sounds like it would be consistent with a manic swing and post-escalation crash. It really sucks to have to watch a person suffer, especially when you know they could address their problems if they accepted them. Part of the struggle I suppose. I know I wasn’t able to turn a corner until I hit rock bottom myself.

6. Maria says:

Excellent reading and information.. I wish I could help my boyfriend, who has bipolor disorder, understand that his perceptions of others.. and me (when he’s unwell) are distorted. It’s Very frustrating.. and a vicious circle :-/

• Dennis says:

One thing you need to learn is that the only person that can help your boyfriend is himself. He’s the one that needs to do all of the hard, tedious work that goes along with trying to get well and control the Disorder. You want to be careful to not let yourself get sucked under by his unwellness, regardless of how you feel for him. You have to take care of yourself first and foremost.

7. Tiffany says:

Hello Dennis
    Thanks for the great information that was shared. I am doing a research paper on individuals with bipolar and I would like to get more scholarly articles on the topic. Could you help me with more information on the topic?

• Dennis says:

Hello, Tiffany. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my work. What are you writing about exactly? “individuals with bipolar” is kind of broad.